Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Sisterlocks - 4 Month Update










It has been a little over 4 months since my sisterlocks were installed. I am still enjoying my journey. I have had two retightening with my new sisterlock consultant since January or February. My new consultant does not use the sisterlock starter shampoo on my hair, instead she uses another sisterlock shampoo (can't recall the name at this time) that is usually used for more mature locks. I also like it better than the starter shampoo because my hair feels clean after the wash. With the starter shampoo my scalp felt dirty and I also had flaking within a day or two. My hair is doing well, I have no itching, or dandroff problems. It is really amazing to me how I can get up and go and not put products in my hair. Why didn't I do this sooner?

My locks are growing nicely, I am such an impatient individual though. The other day, I actually stood in front of the mirror and cute off the permed ends on the last 4 or 5 rows in the back of my head. I did this because I like wearing my hair in a ponytail Thursday through Saturday. So, after my curls fall from earlier in the week, I usually put my hair up and with a little bang in the back. Well don't ask me why but I started cutting. I had to will myself to put down the scissors before I did more cutting. When I sat in the styling chair for my retightening, I told Cheryl (my consultant) what I did, and she said, now why did you do that...LOL.

Looking forward to another 2 month update because by then I should have a nice amount of new growth. I believe that I/we will cut off all the permed ends once I hit my 1 year anniversary. Until then I promised to stay away from the scissors.

1 comment:

  1. Your hair looks nice! Your locks ARE growing nicely. Don't pick up those scissors anymore! LOL

    ReplyDelete